New here from the Austin, Tx area

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2024
Hello everyone new here. We live outside of the Austin area. My daughter completed her 12U season and currently in some summer softball camps. Looking forward to the upcoming season and learning more about this great sport.

Apr 13, 2015
welcome....I live just south of Austin area....great site for fastpitch softball....enjoy!

Jun 8, 2024
welcome....I live just south of Austin area....great site for fastpitch softball....enjoy!
More exact, we live in Bastrop, but Austin is the nearest big city. My daughter is jumping to 14U this up coming season. This will be her second season and for now working with the Bastrop Little League for her development. With all the team and home practices, she was able to advance fast. Her coach was very impressed, but suggested some specialized skill training with trainers. So this summer we are focused on getting her ready for fast pitching, hitting, and fielding. She already has a pitching coach, is attending softball camps, and working at home or at the batting cages with me. Hoping that she advances more and would like to know which select travel ball teams are in my area or S. or East Austin. We are probably staying with the little league for 1-2 seasons before committing to a select team.
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!

Jul 19, 2021
More exact, we live in Bastrop, but Austin is the nearest big city. My daughter is jumping to 14U this up coming season. This will be her second season and for now working with the Bastrop Little League for her development. With all the team and home practices, she was able to advance fast. Her coach was very impressed, but suggested some specialized skill training with trainers. So this summer we are focused on getting her ready for fast pitching, hitting, and fielding. She already has a pitching coach, is attending softball camps, and working at home or at the batting cages with me. Hoping that she advances more and would like to know which select travel ball teams are in my area or S. or East Austin. We are probably staying with the little league for 1-2 seasons before committing to a select team.
Any help would be great. Thanks in advance!
Search Facebook for some local softball groups and join. You should see some teams advertising for players they need.

Apr 13, 2015
You might check Smithville and La Grange...both right down the road from Bastrop. I was just in Bastrop today.....Good luck!
If you need some contacts for teams, I might be able to help...I'm a retired coach at HS level, but still dabble in the select team stuff and some lessons

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831