New CO tournament..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
and another one for those left out of the first one I posted.. ego and money make the world go round :ROFLMAO:

I notice the Athletics are going...

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I am surprised /amazed that families could spend that much money and time being in Colorado for two straight weeks.

This tournament does not make sense to me personally. Nothing more than organizers trying to get another dollar out of the parents pocket.

Jun 8, 2016
I am surprised /amazed that families could spend that much money and time being in Colorado for two straight weeks.

This tournament does not make sense to me personally. Nothing more than organizers trying to get another dollar out of the parents pocket.
Of course the organizers are trying to extract more money from us..would you expect anything different :ROFLMAO: The fact that this new one started up is probably just in response to the Patriots games which started last year. Some orgs were left out of that and probably got their panties in a wad and went to TC and TC jumped at it..When I forwarded this to DD's coach his comment was "There is a lot of power grabbing going on in our little softball world today"

With regards to cost, you would be there 3 or 4 days more. Not inconsequential but if that tournament replaced another one you would have traveled to at a different time of the year you might actually save money 🤷🏽‍♂️ That said, even if that was the mindset, the biggest issues imo would be:

a) (as you alluded to) the adults getting 1.5 -2 weeks off in a row
b) the players playing that many days in a row.
c) are college coaches actually going to be willing to spend that long there and if not will they just forgo those "pre-party" events for IDT/Sparkler or will their IDT/Sparkler stay be shorter than normal.

Now with regards to b) DD's team typically doesn't play between CO and PGF/AFCS so that is a month off to "rest".

I don't know how the Patriot Games went last year (the original topic of this thread). I would be interested to hear from somebody whose kid played in it and also Sparkler/IDT.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Which Mustangs team? Not seeing a lot at 16u.
Well the event is 14's-18's but there are a few 16's in this event in late Oct:

The P5 event page doesn't have a list of actual teams yet. I am also not sure if only 1-2 teams per age group per org is going to be "invited" like the Patriot Games was last year. I would assume they would at least "filter" who gets in even if the org has "agreed to play in it"....

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022
Of course the organizers are trying to extract more money from us..would you expect anything different :ROFLMAO: The fact that this new one started up is probably just in response to the Patriots games which started last year. Some orgs were left out of that and probably got their panties in a wad and went to TC and TC jumped at it..When I forwarded this to DD's coach his comment was "There is a lot of power grabbing going on in our little softball world today"

With regards to cost, you would be there 3 or 4 days more. Not inconsequential but if that tournament replaced another one you would have traveled to at a different time of the year you might actually save money That said, even if that was the mindset, the biggest issues imo would be:

a) (as you alluded to) the adults getting 1.5 -2 weeks off in a row
b) the players playing that many days in a row.
c) are college coaches actually going to be willing to spend that long there and if not will they just forgo those "pre-party" events for IDT/Sparkler or will their IDT/Sparkler stay be shorter than normal.

Now with regards to b) DD's team typically doesn't play between CO and PGF/AFCS so that is a month off to "rest".

I don't know how the Patriot Games went last year (the original topic of this thread). I would be interested to hear from somebody whose kid played in it and also Sparkler/IDT.

Patriot games was run great- brand new facility for 18u - and you name the school and they had coaches there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Patriot games was run great- brand new facility for 18u - and you name the school and they had coaches there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were the kids out of gas by the end of IDT/Sparkler or just the parents ? 😂

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Well the event is 14's-18's but there are a few 16's in this event in late Oct:

The P5 event page doesn't have a list of actual teams yet. I am also not sure if only 1-2 teams per age group per org is going to be "invited" like the Patriot Games was last year. I would assume they would at least "filter" who gets in even if the org has "agreed to play in it"....
I am so glad I didn't see RI on that list...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA