New Catchers Mit

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2024
My 12U daughter has outgrown her 32.5” starter catcher’s mit. She has a 11.75” Liberty Advanced fielder’s glove and a A1000 first base mit.

Looking at the standard A2000s and HoHs plus the Easton Pro Jen Schroeder and All-Star Paige Halstead. Anything else we should consider? Which one would you buy for your catcher?

Her hand isn’t huge yet but would like to buy something that will last.

Thank you.

Nov 18, 2015

Also take a look at the Vinci JVC:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 5, 2021
When my daughter went into 14u I ended up buying her the all-star AF elite. It's a beast and a great glove. However balls were always popping out and I think because she had the wrist strap too tight. Anyways I eventually bought her a HOH and I can barely fit my hand in that glove. She does so much better with the HOH.

I am 6'4 and can fit my hand in the all-star no problem.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter prefers the HOH. Full disclosure, I sell them here on DFP, but I am not biased. She tried the A2000 and didn't like it. She wound up going with a custom Rawlings that she designed to match her college colors.

May 20, 2015
DD2 loves her All-star......we will likely go to the Halstead to get her through the rest of college

May 20, 2015
Has she tried the Halstead yet, Tim? I've been selling quite a few, but my daughter thought it felt heavy.

not yet.......but she likes a little heft to it.......finding something in stock to handle in the northeast is not always easy, but we have time, probably looking at something in the summer that she can work on, the current all-star is in it's prime right now

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
not yet.......but she likes a little heft to it.......finding something in stock to handle in the northeast is not always easy, but we have time, probably looking at something in the summer that she can work on, the current all-star is in it's prime right now
I hear you. My daughter's catching instructor is an All-Star fastpitch ambassador, so he got two to demo. That's the only way she would have gotten to handle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Softball20242025