Monsta Hype worth the hype?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Seen ton for sale on B/S/T boards. What I gather is, lots of complaints about
vibration and feedback on mishit. People saying it feels "cheap"...dont know what
entirely means...think it just means you feel mishits more than other top multi piece
bats.

May 21, 2018
I saw quite a few of these at Scenic City and the Alliance tournament in Fayetteville the following weekend. This is after having never seeing one in the wild 'til that point.

DD's teammate went yard using one. Guessing about 215'-220' dead into a decent wind. Small girl with a good swing, so who knows how much the bat had to do with that, but it seems to have at least have adequate "pop".

May 23, 2024
Ive recently been seeing a lot of marketing from Monsta on the Hype bat. I dont know much about the company, but the warranty is attractive. Does anyone have any experience with these bats?
Terrible company, we fell into Carl's trap. Bats are okay but nothing special. Takes 6 months to a year to get one. You're better off going somewhere else. Don't expect it when they say when they'll be shipped.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Terrible company, we fell into Carl's trap. Bats are okay but nothing special. Takes 6 months to a year to get one. You're better off going somewhere else. Don't expect it when they say when they'll be shipped.
Another Carl fan...hahahahaha.

None of his products are done on time. You pay in advance, and you wait forever. Slowpitch is a joke...people waiting 6 months to
a year. All so he doesnt have to put his own money out of pocket. You pay, he uses that to pay his bills AND his profit. Then
almost blames you because you question delivery time. You would think, the millions he has made, he would start
stocking product before preselling...but I guess you dont fix what people are willing to keep doing.

Thats what Ive said about his bats all along...they are ok.

Jul 8, 2022
I took a chance and got the 2023 Monsta Torch for my DD since I was tired of the Ghost durability issues. My DD likes the bat, but still prefers her 2022 Ghost Advanced. There is some vibration with the Torch, but it's mainly when she's bunting. Sweet spot is mid barrel to about an inch from barrel end. The Torch has decent pop and when watching BP sessions, it seems that it the ball comes off better with the Torch with distance, but doesn't have the distinct Ghost crack. So far, so durability issues going on 7 months

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Vibration, sweet spot, and break in has always been the issues for years. SS is small and mishits will rattle your hands because
Carl has put no money into making the bat a real fp bat. he just thought he would toss a fp bat on the market and he would make
millions like he did sp.
Thats why you see a lot of the "feels cheap" descriptions about Monsta fp bats.

Feb 3, 2023
No money is the truth, worse paint job I have seen on a bat. It looks like he gave someone on Fiverr $10 to design the barrel graphics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zs052805