Mini van did its job

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 22, 2011
Thank God DW and DD are fine. We will be shopping for a new car this weekend/next week during DD's spring break.

Nice to be able to have a little gallows humor and say:

OMG! My DD's CF8 is trapped! Where are the jaws of life?!? And muse does car insurance cover damaged ball buckets and bownets?

jaws.jpg

Luckily DD safe and bat rescued... but a little sobering how much money's worth of equipment is in the back of our van even with a 'light' load:

batsaved.jpg

Jun 12, 2015
Glad everyone is ok!! The only car accident I was ever in, I was a passenger. Both my kids in the car, on the way back from the beach with a friend. We ended up in a high speed collision on the interstate thanks to a woman stopping in the road because of debris. My friend's van was totaled but no one was badly hurt. Her daughter had a little bump, my friend had some damage to her legs from the airbag popping off the plastic cover (bruises). Minivans may not be supercool but they sure are safe.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
RIP Rawlings 6gallon ball bucket... You willfully sacrificed your self for the greater good of saving the CF8.... Thank You, just isn't enough. Although life goes on and more games will be played with your replacement, we will remember you, and we will acknowledge your sacrifice with each line drive produced by the very bat you died for..... Rest in piece old friend, you'll be missed!

Jan 22, 2011
And the collapsible costco wagon likely saved the bownets! The Easton ball bag is going to live, but will have some scars. 30 holey TCB whiffles and 8 TCBs were in it.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Just glad to hear that everyone's okay. Cars, bats, balls, ball buckets, bow nets etc. can all be replaced. Your DW and DD can't be. Replacing all of the equipment may be a big PITA but look at the bright side, you get to go shopping for new equipment!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd