Lost another player. Need ideas for recruiting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Very much agree Coogan, I failed to insert sufficient sarcasm.

Sorry, I didn't know you were being sarcastic. ... Yeah, I agree. Frankly, if I have a player who is unhappy and chooses to join another team, I'm OK with that - as long as the receiving team didn't actively recruit her while on my roster, and the leaving family is upfront about things and doesn't leave my team in a bad situation. I want girls and families on the teams that are best for them, but there's a right and wrong way to do it.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
In some parts of the country there are rec players that don't have any idea that higher level SB competition exsits. Spread the word and find those pools and you'll find some keepers. It wasn't until 8th grade that my DD and I discovered the world of travel SB.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The only issue with rec players is that some have rigid coaching (or on the other hand no coaching) that will take extra time to deal with, getting rid of the bad habits or lack of hustle. Sometimes I prefer an athlete who knows nothing so learns everything.

The rec players here just can't make the leap. Most fail.

True, but you never know and in fact I know of one who will be playing in college next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01