Little preseason tourney footage

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Filmed a few mins of a game tonight. Preseason tourney we always have. Not big, like 10 teams, 1 hour drop dead, bat as many as you want, free subs, etc.

This is a big county rival. Play the division under us AA. Been to state 6 out of the past 10 years, runner up 2 years ago, good workout for us and a good program.

The pitcher is signed D1 University of TN @ Martin. She played with us a couple of years and DD has picked up with her travel team occasionally since 10u. Arms are not fully loose this time of year so the MPH are a little short of regular. She usually hits 62-64. Works rise and drop mostly.

I've got 2 videos, from the 1st inning with lead off hitters on both teams. DD pitching video is next.

Sorry for the boring commentary, I had to leave the crazy dad section to film where my parents are sitting. I have to keep my mouth in check around them, PG-13. Not that I swear down at the CDS, but it can get a little heated and exciting with all the testosterone in the air. CAUTION, MEN TALKING. :)

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
GD - I guess it shouldn't have, but the accent surprised me. Odd, cuz there's no hing of it in your posts.

PS I enjoyed watching the SB, although I think I would prefer the commentary from the CDS.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Haha, well when I'm in the CDS it's apples to oranges from the video. We pretty much let it all hang out down there, sometimes it can be brutal. Around my parents ( good God fearing folks ) I have to really think before I speak and it's s-l-o-w, dad always said we'd never get to old for him to put us across his knee. :)

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the video. Love watching softball. Our HS preseason tourney was rained out last weekend. Really bummed out 11 YO DD. I am from East TN and didn't notice any accent. :)

Apr 11, 2012
aaahhhh.....it's "bring me back a twinkie" .....not "twankie" sir....and I'm pretty sure Hostess is out of business for several months now, so if someone gets that "twankie" that one of you requested.... I would suggest eating it...

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Sorry I was having some trouble loading the pitching to YouTube last night. It was a bit chilly last night so just bare with the camera movement.

This is DD pitching to their lead off thru cleanup. I don't really know the lead off she transferred in, signed NAIA. #2 is a decent player. #3 is their D1 pitcher. #4 is the catcher, signed NAIA.

All in all it was a good night. We had 2 starters out doing HOSA for school, batted 14 in the lineup, and gave the younger group some defensive time. These pre-season tourneys are a good way to knock the cobwebs off after the holiday breaks. Everything is rusty to a degree........pitching, fielding, hitting, even coaching. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl