Little League Softball World Series on ESPN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Now i get the point you are making and it’s fair insofar as it goes. However, if the girls are committing to playing both LL and travel, not sure how that is an infiltration. My older DD did that and made it to every LL game and practice. Wasn’t just some mercenary thing, though I am sure some treat it that way and do the minimum needed for eligibility.

Also, because this approach (LL+travel) is how most of the more competitive LLs seem to be doing it now, if you show up to LL states with a team of girls that have no travel experience, you very likely won’t make it far (even if you have fun while you are there).
As I alluded to earlier in this thread, states which have extensive LL participation are at a disadvantage because of how I think the setting of district boundaries works.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
What's up with the elitist viewpoints sprinkled through this thread??? How many players are truly "too good" to take part in an experience like this??? Why bash kids/parents for wanting to go out, have some fun and compete on a national stage? I truly doubt there are many kids (if any) participating in this who have left their travel ball teams high and dry to do so...

Oh, my DD's 10U team was left high and dry by LL All Stars a few years ago. It still irks me.

Jun 8, 2016
Gotcha. I am familiar with both organizations mentioned in this thread. We play them often. I think somebody came on here with an ax to grind. He said they get “rolled” regularly in Virginia which just isn’t true.
I would think that Keefer kid would do ok in general. She is not bad..she wouldn’t dominate A level teams in most states but she would probably hold her own for the most part.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad