lining field (pitchers circle template)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2012
is there a good one out there! I've got the 8ft rope already, I was just wondering if there is a better option out there?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I cut an old wooden broom handle around 4 feet or so and put a 2" drywall screw in one end. Then I drilled a small hole just above the screw and tied an 8' piece of mason's string with a small loop at the end. Pound in a long gutter spike in the center of the circle, throw the loop over it and walk in a circle. It was extremely cheap, easy to make, easy to use since you don't have to do any bending while making the circle and has lasted 4 years now.

Jan 25, 2022
We have two broom handles with 8ft of string between them near the end of each. One of us holds a stick down on, or in front of, the rubber and the other one carves out a circle. We've never done the rectangle down the middle.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
We have two broom handles with 8ft of string between them near the end of each. One of us holds a stick down on, or in front of, the rubber and the other one carves out a circle. We've never done the rectangle down the middle.

At the front of the rubber is the correct center point.

Oct 4, 2018
I cut an old wooden broom handle around 4 feet or so and put a 2" drywall screw in one end. Then I drilled a small hole just above the screw and tied an 8' piece of mason's string with a small loop at the end. Pound in a long gutter spike in the center of the circle, throw the loop over it and walk in a circle. It was extremely cheap, easy to make, easy to use since you don't have to do any bending while making the circle and has lasted 4 years now.

If you're ever able to show a photo, I'd be interested.

We have a string tied to a nail. One person holds the string at the front of the pitcher's plate, the other scoots along the dirt to scratch the circle. At one point the person holding the string has to play jump rope to avoid getting caught in the string.

I'm pretty sure the parents take bets on if we fall over or not while doing it. We look like morons and bitch and moan the whole time. Sounds like I should build a tool.

Oct 4, 2018
If you're ever able to show a photo, I'd be interested.

We have a string tied to a nail. One person holds the string at the front of the pitcher's plate, the other scoots along the dirt to scratch the circle. At one point the person holding the string has to play jump rope to avoid getting caught in the string.

I'm pretty sure the parents take bets on if we fall over or not while doing it. We look like morons and bitch and moan the whole time. Sounds like I should build a tool.

Wait, I think I understand. I thought you scratched out the circle with the pointy part of the screw, but you're scratching with the head of the screw. Makes sense - couldn't get my head around it at first.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06