Legal or Not - (Realize this has been a hot topic of late in separate threads)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2021
Well said Pattar - I think you have it right on the 3 reasons - can't see it, don't understand and don't care

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
They don't call replants in the men's game after basically the same rule change, so I can't see it being called.
It has much of the same issues as leaping does - while obvious replanting is obvious, for a lot of pitchers it involves tough judgement and ambiguity. Grey areas are always terrible rules for everyone. Sometimes it can't be avoided.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
It is illegal and pitchers have been doing this for a long time. I still question whether it is a competitive advantage when done in the way the video shows. When you take the giant leap and replant like the men do that is another thing entirely.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I had to blow it up and slow it to 25% of normal speed to see where and how her foot was landing. That alone tells me it will never get called.

That being said, it looks like her front and back foot land simultaneously, and her back foot points away from the plate, so I am not sure how effective a second push would even be with that posture. I would be concerned with a knee or ankle injury from twisting it and landing awkwardly.

Oct 13, 2017
I don't see a second push. To me this looks like a leap. Her front foot plants only slightly after the back foot lands.
I see a second push. If this is allowed there will be many pitchers who will adopt this method. It's easy to teach and can be learned in a session or two. There is a definite advantage with the hop. I see batting averages going down and low scoring games.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
I see a second push. If this is allowed there will be many pitchers who will adopt this method. It's easy to teach and can be learned in a session or two. There is a definite advantage with the hop. I see batting averages going down and low scoring games.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

;)

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
That video looks sped up. Replants are much easier to see in real time than a pitcher's foot an inch off the ground. A bunch of fretting over not much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA