Lady catches foul ball, MLB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
old%20lady%201.gif

Jun 24, 2013
Of course she is an athlete, she brought her mitt to the game. She's the only one I see with a mitt, she has been waiting to catch one.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I am now seeing it on the news channels. She saved her friend's face, I think.

I am still wondering why they dressed for St. Patrick's Day, though. :)

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Elderly Lady Makes a Gold-Glove Grab from the Stands | Bleacher Report

This is cute. But I tired of the announcers saying "the ball caught her" and other derogatory comments about her skill. They have no idea, if she was an athlete or not.

See the link below of the announcers interviewing and naming her Player of the Game during their post-game show. She's a great grandma who played SB (SS and 2B) for 39 years. She brought her glove to every BB game she ever attended and w/ this foul ball catch can cross another item of her bucket list. FWIW, she already has been offered a spot on the DFP Diamond Elite U90 squad.

Y! SPORTS

Apr 21, 2011
OH - IO!
Elderly Lady Makes a Gold-Glove Grab from the Stands | Bleacher Report

This is cute. But I tired of the announcers saying "the ball caught her" and other derogatory comments about her skill. They have no idea, if she was an athlete or not.

Yeah, that is a clueless statement and I'm surprised becasue it was made made by one of the games greatest fielders (Duane Kuiper). You don't make that catch look as effortless as she did without having done it thousands of times in the past - most old ladies who haven't played would be covering their heads and ducking for cover - she just reached out and speared it like it was no problem. Way to go Grandma!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing