Just an incredible experience for DD..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
OK here goes.. This past week DD was at a training camp for the Great Britain's Senior Women's National Team. Here are some things that she experienced this week that I would never in a million years think could / would happen:

1- Caught 7 innings in 4 games against OKC Spark and Team USA Elite Women's team and shared the field with some absolute titans of the game.
2- Caught for an OU championship pitcher who pitched in game 2 of this years WCWS.
3- Got an AB off of Keilani Ricketts, put a good swing on it but hit a hard line drive ground ball to 2B for an easy 4-6-3 double play.
4- Got plunked by Lexi Kifoyl and Valerie Cagle
5- Experience a total softball immersion week of hard work, amazing coaches and support staff, and an "all-in" approach to getting this team ready for LA2028. I'm totally grateful for their support of my daughter and what an experience she had

Next stop Sao Paulo for U18 Softball World Cup then Kutno Poland for the U22 European Championships!

I don't know what the takeaways are besides sometimes it's nice being lucky with right place, right time!

1719866330711.jpeg

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Still making memories!!! This is awesome. You gonna be able to travel too?

Not the same, but my DD got to catch Ricketts for a photo shoot many years ago and caught Kelly Maxwell in a college scrimmage with Janae Jefferson, Shay Govan and Taylor Pleasants on the same team a couple of summers ago.

May 7, 2015
SoCal

Not the same, but my DD got to catch Ricketts for a photo shoot many years ago and caught Kelly Maxwell in a college scrimmage with Janae Jefferson, Shay Govan and Taylor Pleasants on the same team a couple of summers ago.
Yep, wife went to OKC and will go to Sao Paulo, I will go to Poland. The hard part of going with her now, which this is nothing new to parents of college athletes, is there is no "hanging out with family time" in her daily schedule. They are the whole team together 100% of the time. No parents at the hotel either.

DD loved the focus of the group. Hardly any time even for phones.

May 7, 2015
SoCal

The experience catching or playing with these larger than life players is two fold, wow they're good players, but they are still just regular people. There is nothing impossible about their level of play. That was an AHA moment for DD

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
OK here goes.. This past week DD was at a training camp for the Great Britain's Senior Women's National Team. Here are some things that she experienced this week that I would never in a million years think could / would happen:

1- Caught 7 innings in 4 games against OKC Spark and Team USA Elite Women's team and shared the field with some absolute titans of the game.
2- Caught for an OU championship pitcher who pitched in game 2 of this years WCWS.
3- Got an AB off of Keilani Ricketts, put a good swing on it but hit a hard line drive ground ball to 2B for an easy 4-6-3 double play.
4- Got plunked by Lexi Kifoyl and Valerie Cagle
5- Experience a total softball immersion week of hard work, amazing coaches and support staff, and an "all-in" approach to getting this team ready for LA2028. I'm totally grateful for their support of my daughter and what an experience she had

Next stop Sao Paulo for U18 Softball World Cup then Kutno Poland for the U22 European Championships!

I don't know what the takeaways are besides sometimes it's nice being lucky with right place, right time!

View attachment 29757
Super neat for her and your family! Congratulations! Obviously her presence on the field is appreciated being given these opportunities!
That is a life experience award!

Thank you for sharing this story of softball that is part of our international sport!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831