interesting story about McEnroe and his tennis academy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
As DD is not the next coming of Jenny Finch, Lisa F, Katie Cochran, etc, she will be working on her homework after she returns home from school ball practice at 4:30 this afternoon.

I'm with you on that note. While my kid is a decent player and plays 2 sports equally well I'm not banking on past HS. Older DD didn't play sports but is getting 18k per year in academic money. A good education and money to boot.

May 18, 2009
Academics should be priority #1. It should be stressed by all your DD's coaches starting with rec ball.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
3'sDad - Yes, I agree about golf. Here at U of A there was a star named Erica Blasberg. She didn't make it on the tour and she took her own life, last year. erica blasberg sports illustrated - Google Search

I saw a video of her dad recently and he talked about pushing and pushing her. They were estranged from time to time and she took up with a couple of older, married men. Her dad said that she was probably looking for a father figure.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
Amy & Inside: DD's club team participated in a pre-season hitting clinic for high school players at the local D III state college (Ramapo College Inside). They have a roster of about 20 players who all pay in-state tuition as the school is part of the state college system here.. As parents, we had the opportunity to talk with some of the players. As a group they all stated the coach insists and pushes them to graduate in 4 years. While I didn't meet or talk to her, there is one Nursing major (a pitcher) on the roster.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd