In-game COVID-19 Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2017
Could just be a trick of the camera angle, but maybe they don't line the infield because it would make it easier to see that the foul pole is in the wrong spot...

Holy smokes that is right! Wow. I have chalked several fields and have had to work around issues like this that make me think “how drunk were these people that setup this field?!?” I mean jeez a $5 spool of string is all it takes

Mar 6, 2016
First you want lined fields,
Then batters boxes...
Now its proper uniforms..

Cant you be glad we got that guy to hold up the fence :)

View attachment 17790

LMAO!! Too funny... It's like every time I look at this photo, the more I see that I don't understand. WTH is going on over there by 1B? Why is the foul pole there? Why is the scoreboard off? Why are there no lines...ANYWHERE. You'd think there would be a little small trace of a line up 1B even after 4-5 games. Batters boxes? Coaching box? Its ANARCHY!!!! lol Is this the way we are to play softball during Covid-19 and post Covid-19? o_O:eek:

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Anyone in the Chicago area probably knows the Elgin Sports Complex. That's another one of those places where they line the field for the 8:00 am game and then apparently the grounds crew goes home. Shame of it is they play some pretty major tournaments there.

Oh, and by about 3:00 pm right handed batters need a rope or a ladder to climb out of the hole after they hit the ball.

May 29, 2015
Yeah well Oklahoma so.. :LOL: It was sanctioned..DD's team was entered but switched out because it wasn't filling up. Unfortunately not only did it end up with more teams than the one DD's team was in..it didn't get rained out :rolleyes:

Just curious ... what sanctioning?

May 29, 2015
LMAO!! Too funny... It's like every time I look at this photo, the more I see that I don't understand. WTH is going on over there by 1B? Why is the foul pole there? Why is the scoreboard off? Why are there no lines...ANYWHERE. You'd think there would be a little small trace of a line up 1B even after 4-5 games. Batters boxes? Coaching box? Its ANARCHY!!!! lol Is this the way we are to play softball during Covid-19 and post Covid-19? o_O:eek:

It's almost like it wasn't a real softball game and somebody just staged the photo to convince us it was safe to go back in the water (which reminds me, don't drink the water!) ...

1589839340931.png

May 29, 2015
Oooohhh ... they can't be happy.

USSSA was not happy with the UIC and TD at the first tournament that was held here (last year) for that very reason. Since I was scheduled to be UIC this year, I heard plenty about it.

Unlike Captain Kirk, they are very proud of their red shirts.

Jun 8, 2016
Oooohhh ... they can't be happy.

USSSA was not happy with the UIC and TD at the first tournament that was held here (last year) for that very reason. Since I was scheduled to be UIC this year, I heard plenty about it.

Unlike Captain Kirk, they are very proud of their red shirts.
No idea..above my pay grade. My one and only interaction with USSSA, UICs and TDs involved a fence, a water bottle and the police :LOL:

May 29, 2015
@pattar , now that I know that happened at a U-Trip tournament, it makes more sense. The red shirts stick out and make better targets.

That is, if they don't blend in with the 97% of teams wearing red and black. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan