ID for your balls??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2009
Has anyone used a rubber ink stamp or even leather punch stamps to mark an ID on your softballs?

I'm looking to mark several dozen high quality leather balls, but would prefer to avoid the permanent marker-crayola handwritten look in favor of a more professional quality mark if that makes sense.

What works?

VW

Sep 3, 2009
Are you talking about game balls, or just practice balls?

I would think that a stamp would look good, but would think it would depend on the ink itself, if it would last. A punch would be hard to see i would think, or maybe damage the cover.

Curious to see what others do for theirs.

We've always just used a sharpie; because my dd has a problem losing them. And even then... we've been at a slapping lesson and the instructor will put a ball on the tee, and low and behold, there's one with her name on it from last year. She's practiced with a pitcher from another team, guess who's ball the pitcher pulled out of her bag? LOL I guess buying two dozen balls a year is just a fact of life. :(

May 7, 2008
Tucson
VW, You have too much time on your hands. :) Yes, Sharpie is the way to go. I write Amy on all of my softballs, soft toss balls, etc.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
I write our full last name on them in sharpie. Last year my daughter would put ours in her bag, and then the coach would take them out and put them in the team bucket when she left the dugout. ;-)

Nov 1, 2009
Don't use a leather punch on your softballs. I good permanent ink stamp is good but keep in mind if the ball is hit on the stamp it is going to smear. Nothing will look good on a used ball so I wouldn't spend too much time messing with it but a stamp is a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dionrod67