I knew I was getting old, but really...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Dear Amy,

Are the use of artificial parts making it possible for you to play the sport that you love?

We are looking for senior softball players who have had knee, hip or shoulder replacement surgery a year or more ago to interview for a series of articles in Senior Softball News. The articles will be looking at the effectiveness of the surgeries on players, the newest treatments and the increasing popularity of artificial joints.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I don't know what makes me giggle more......the whole concept of the letter and the replacement parts or the Senior Softball News. Because personally it makes me picture a bunch of white haired old ladies playing ball. (not saying you are)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
It was just a strange way to write an e-mail.

When I joined the 55+ senior women's league, I was impressed by the level of play. But, then I met the ladies in the 70+ age group and they were awesome. Many of my teammates still worked and had family responsibilities, but the older ladies were retired, widowed and many were USAF veterans. All they did was practice and hit the ball. The only problem that many of them had was difficulty running. But, I never heard of hip replacements, etc. Cataracts were a problem, though. (I don't know if that is funny, or not.)

One neat thing about the league, was that we wore practice uniforms on the planes and it was fun to watch people stare at us in airports. When we would run into the D1 girls, we would say "Hey, this could be you one day." :)

I'll look for a picture.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish