I coached 12U, in the fall

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I had a parent that was sick and needed help, so some dads and I helped. I did most of the coaching of the pitchers. Being involved was a good thing for me. All games were double headers and we traveled throughout the city. (rec ball)

Twice I was astounded that a rule was administered incorrectly. I would tell the head coach and he would then, question the umpires, but it was for naught.

One was "you can't slide into first base." The ump called my runner out, as she slid to avoid a tag. The call was just wrong.

The other one was my student used the outside orange bag to field a throw, that was a dropped 3rd strike. She was correct. The opposing coach was questioning it.

Catching was a weakness and I felt like the girls were being encouraged by their dads to catch how they did in HS, or something. I just had to ignore it, after awhile.

The girls were great. The fields were well prepared and the league is administered very well. It did take a good amount of time, but I was happy that I did it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13