How important is the glove actually?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
Very important, the glove is an extension of the player. The fit and feel of the glove should be second nature.

Not saying it has to be a crazy expensive glove, but needs to be well broken in and comfortable.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Very important, the glove is an extension of the player. The fit and feel of the glove should be second nature.

Not saying it has to be a crazy expensive glove, but needs to be well broken in and comfortable.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

It very much does not have to be crazy expensive, though there obviously are gloves that are so cheap that they're almost worthless.

More important than the glove is teaching a kid how to use the glove. I guess, in a way, not too much different than a bat. Though I think you can go a lot farther with an $80-$100 glove than you can a bat that's under $100.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It very much does not have to be crazy expensive, though there obviously are gloves that are so cheap that they're almost worthless.

More important than the glove is teaching a kid how to use the glove. I guess, in a way, not too much different than a bat. Though I think you can go a lot farther with an $80-$100 glove than you can a bat that's under $100.
And a high quality glove will last a lot longer than most bats.

Aug 15, 2021
Mariano Rivera used a sheet of cardboard as a kids and became pretty successful. Although he did say if you can afford a glove, you should buy one :)

I guess it really depends on the age of the kid and what level ball they are playing.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Some great replies, I was really just being facetious, but I'm sure a few of you here already knew that! ;)

I do miss a certain exiled, sarcastic individual, he would have jumped all over this one! Someone here needs to step up!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach