High Speed Video Cam

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
I have been looking to upgrade my video cam. Currently using a 60FPS Kodak Play. At 60 FPS, the critical moments of a pitch, or the swing go into blur. I was considering upgrading my phone to an IPhone 5s, as they advertise 120 FPS...but I'm an Android guy. I recently came across this little guy. Too Good to be true at 1000 FPS? Anyone have it, use it, or know anyone that has?

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-Exilim-Ex-zr1000-Digital-Ex-zr1000bk/dp/B009VSO46I/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
2012HP_.gif

Nov 14, 2011
Shutter speed is what makes great slow mo video more so then frames per second.

-W

Yes and no. While you need a high shutter speed to get the subject in focus, unless you have ample lighting you will not be able to get a high shutter speed rate. A good slo-mo camera is a lens that is able to to obtain a focus in low light + shutter speed + frames per second. I have been shooting sports photography for a number of years and I can tell you that you need to start with the lens and work your way towards the camera.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Yes and no. While you need a high shutter speed to get the subject in focus, unless you have ample lighting you will not be able to get a high shutter speed rate. A good slo-mo camera is a lens that is able to to obtain a focus in low light + shutter speed + frames per second. I have been shooting sports photography for a number of years and I can tell you that you need to start with the lens and work your way towards the camera.

ms244 Do you think that the camera 1000fps is worth the under $300 price tag ???In lew of the fact it is a point & shoot... Not sure what all OP wants to do, buts lets just say shoot clips 7-12 seconds and post them here for helps ????

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
ms244 Do you think that the camera 1000fps is worth the under $300 price tag ???In lew of the fact it is a point & shoot... Not sure what all OP wants to do, buts lets just say shoot clips 7-12 seconds and post them here for helps ????
Bingo... I have a Cannon DSLR for taking pictures... this is for the SOLE purpose of capturing video for sports analysis... I can control lighting.

Aug 20, 2013
Here is a video with some sample vids at different speeds. Some look good, others look quite blurry.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
You would think they would show someone batting, or at least golfing... I would like to even see some ping-pong action. I guess they were showing everyone going shopping :cool

un..unboxing

Nikon 1 J2

<video controls="controls" autoplay="autoplay" loop="loop"width="720" height="288">
<source src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58923514/Video%20Player/_%28720p%29.mp4" type="video/mp4" />
<span title="No video playback capabilities, please download the video below"></span>
</video>

nj_j2_2.gif

I watched the box un packing... at the end they recommended that the Nikon 1 j2 could do more... I found this... a somewhat of a swing in their examples... Gave it my best shoot, and this is it. Not even close to the Hunter Pence I posted pg.1. It was a lot of work to get it this far...for me any how... I don't think i like that they crop it to wide, that might be alright for pitchin. You could probably turn it for hitting. Over all it would be worth the extra $50 for the other stuff the camera can do. And they have used ones, reconditioned, that could put you under the cost of the Casio.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing