Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey AD...what do you think or know?
Mare's leg!!

I've never owned a Henry, I have two Marlin Lever rifles. So is that one a handgun caliber, if so what caliber? I personally think Lever guns are the coolest, and the price reflects that on the older Winchester and "JM" stamped Marlin Levers! Never heard anything but great things about Henry Rifles!

My boss is hot after a Brass Octagon barreled Henry chambered in .45-70, he's been talking about one for awhile now!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here's Henry's page on them...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Mare's leg!!

I've never owned a Henry, I have two Marlin Lever rifles. So is that one a handgun caliber, if so what caliber? I personally think Lever guns are the coolest, and the price reflects that on the older Winchester and "JM" stamped Marlin Levers! Never heard anything but great things about Henry Rifles!

My boss is hot after a Brass Octagon barreled Henry chambered in .45-70, he's been talking about one for awhile now!
I thought it looked super cool tbh...haha. Lever guns just make you think back..all the movies and stuff

May 18, 2022
I have a .44 mag marlin, probably the most fun to shoot of my long guns. Hornady leverlution makes it a decent woods gun for whitetail.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I thought it looked super cool tbh...haha. Lever guns just make you think back..all the movies and stuff
Do you ever go to gun shows? Do they even have gun shows up there in Yankee land? :LOL:

If you ever run across a Lever Action Marlin with "JM" stamped on the barrel, regardless of caliber, buy it! Remington bought Marlin in 2007, or 2008? The JM stamp stands for John Marlin, Remington pretty much ruined Marlin's legacy for awesome slick as glass Lever Guns, most true Marlin fans won't even look at a Remington made Marlin!

In 2020 Ruger acquired Marlin through Remington's bankruptcy liquidation for $30 million, looks like Marlin is back on track!

There is nothing more American than a Marlin .30-30 Lever Action Rifle, there is no possible way to ever put a number on the amount of Deer, or Human Beings that's been removed from this Earth because of this rifle? Have we covered this here before, it's ringing a bell?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06