Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
With really well thought out, historical, scientific lyrics like on the Manhattan Project, I would think pattar would appreciate this one.

This one references Albert, who actually had a very small part in the Manhattan Project, the main player was Oppenheimer. The cartoon video is just a plus! 😉

Imagine a man, where it all began. The pilot of Enola Gay, flying out of the shockwave on that August day...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Before I had kids and actually had time to read at home, I used to read biographies about scientists and mathematicians. Must have read at least 20. The one I read about Oppenheimer was a good one.
Couldn’t imagine what a massive, and secret undertaking it was to put this project together, from our military assembling these minds to actually getting the bombs to Japan, huge!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Imagine a man, where it all began. The pilot of Enola Gay, flying out of the shockwave on that August day...
My Dad could have cared less about my music but I remember playing this for him and seeing his reaction when he heard the Enola Gay line, he had to tell all about the name! Actually I think he liked this song!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My Dad could have cared less about my music but I remember playing this for him and seeing his reaction when he heard the Enola Gay line, he had to tell all about the name! Actually I think he liked this song!
My dad was born in 1934, and was raised during the war. He was a private pilot for many years, and he instilled in me my love of WWII aircraft. To this day, when the old warbirds go over when there's an airshow, I can't help but stare up in wonder.

Everyone knows the Enola Gay, but who can name the B29 that bombed Nagasaki?

Jan 8, 2019
Not to rile Core and AD back up again, but I feel your pain.

Inside the Actor’s Studio with James Lipton interviewing Billy Joel (great episode, btw).
JL: What turns you on?
Billy Joel: Competence.

DW and I (In our living room screaming): YES!!!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Not to rile Core and AD back up again, but I feel your pain.

Inside the Actor’s Studio with James Lipton interviewing Billy Joel (great episode, btw).
JL: What turns you on?
Billy Joel: Competence.

DW and I (In our living room screaming): YES!!!
I mentioned a couple of days ago, I’m a huge Billy Joel fan, not exactly sure how many times I’ve seen him but it’s close to ten. And every show was excellent, he really is the entertainer!

Jan 8, 2019
I mentioned a couple of days ago, I’m a huge Billy Joel fan, not exactly sure how many times I’ve seen him but it’s close to ten. And every show was excellent, he really is the entertainer!
Hands down one of my top entertainers, but have managed to never get to a concert! Of course, big shows like his require travel for me, but that’s a bad excuse!

May 27, 2013
We can purchase ads to acknowledge our kids in their HS yearbook senior year. My ds loves to listen to RUSH, as well, so I cited a verse from “Mission” and put it in the ad. He’ll be pleasantly surprised I hope.

May 27, 2013
I saw him in the eighties & nineties, he might not be quite the same now…..kinda like everything I do now! 🥺

Billy Joel did put on some great shows! I saw him with Elton John at Giants Stadium and solo at the Nassau Coliseum on Long Island back in the 90’s. Even back then he had to have a female sing the high notes for him on “Innocent Man.” Still amazing, though!

Always makes me a little sad when your favorite singers can no longer hit the same notes they used to.

I was a huge Def Leppard fan and when I saw them in concert a few times I would cringe when Joe Elliot would strain to hit those notes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1