Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Definitely not a safety! Just researched it for a second, it utilizes two cylinder locking tabs for extremely tight lock up, that's a first for me, never seen that before!

So you don't know what round it's chambered in yet? What are you going to be using this Behemoth for? You plan on taking Sasquatch as a trophy and mounting him in your living room?
Same thing I use the 500 for...nothing except stupidity...hahaha. I think he said it was .357

Im all about fun guns :)

Well...I mean you did volunteer me for human bait for sasquatch...so i gotta have some protection :)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Same thing I use the 500 for...nothing except stupidity...hahaha.
My Boss has a 10" barreled Magnum Research BFR in .500 S&W, it's the most ridiculous handgun I've ever seen! It's a 5lb. hammer!

They actually make this revolver in .444 Marlin....which is really a Grizzly Bear guide gun rifle round! :oops: Not sure I'd want to shoot it?
Here's my Bosses .500 magnum...

Edit: Thinking about it, I'd assume the .500 magnum would still have more recoil than the .444 Marlin?

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Omg, my 500 is def not that long. they are actually just dumb fun...hahaha. You need to be rested and ready
to shoot a 500. And you arent gonna shoot many. Your wrist just gets super strained/tired.
I posted a pic of mine here. It literally can go thru both sides of a pickup bed and leave a 4 inch hole leaving
the second bedside. And the fireball that leaves the barrel will light up the night...hahaha300px-Tom_500_nightfiring.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
.500 is an experience to shoot. That's for sure. Even a .357 is a lot of gun. My Dad has an older S&W J-Frame in .357, at this point in his age it will likely become mine once they move out here. I doubt he's shot it in the past 8-10 years. I think it's a ton of fun to target shoot with. That trigger on it is so smooth.

I went the other way in size and picked up a GX4 T.O.R.O this week. Palmetto ran a dumb daily deal on them and there is a $50 MIR going on. It was too good to pass up. I'm mainly a SIG guy for my EDC, but figured the GX4 would be fun to play with. Not really impressed with the slide action to start, but once I get all the factory crap cleaned out and everything lubricated I'll go see how it runs.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Taurus makes quality guns. For whatever reason, the general consumer just doesn't put them up there with SIG, Glock and S&W. At least for their semi-autos. I guess that's good for me though, because it keeps the price tag down.

Rhino's are definitely different - haha. Above my pay grade to get as a "fun gun", but they sure look cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom