Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I will be in the market for a new grill sometime soon although the old Weber just keeps on firing. I also have an huge, old smoker that found it's way to my place from a now defunct local BBQ/Beer joint that is simply too big to use on a regular basis (when I do use it I'll usually invite several buddies to bring over whatever they want and we'll make a social event out of it).

Does anyone here remember or better yet, still have a Hibachi? I just came across my really old, cast iron, foldable Hibachi grill and am planning on giving it a go one of these upcoming weekends. It's not quite as easy as turning the knobs on my gas grill but it's pretty simple and works great, especially now that the DW and I are "empty nesters" with the DD's in college. Any favorites recipes or foods that you liked on the Hibachi?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I will be in the market for a new grill sometime soon although the old Weber just keeps on firing. I also have an huge, old smoker that found it's way to my place from a now defunct local BBQ/Beer joint that is simply too big to use on a regular basis (when I do use it I'll usually invite several buddies to bring over whatever they want and we'll make a social event out of it).

Does anyone here remember or better yet, still have a Hibachi? I just came across my really old, cast iron, foldable Hibachi grill and am planning on giving it a go one of these upcoming weekends. It's not quite as easy as turning the knobs on my gas grill but it's pretty simple and works great, especially now that the DW and I are "empty nesters" with the DD's in college. Any favorites recipes or foods that you liked on the Hibachi?
We used to bring those to the beach or tailgating for a ball game or concert. They worked great for a limited amount of food, but it always amazed me how many hot dogs one could fit on that small surface.

May 20, 2015
i stocked up on more meat for the grill last night.....arrowed a tasty little 108# doe.......hit was a couple inches back, she ran a bit.......after about 8-90 yards of tracking, lost blood......turns out she jumped into the beaver pond, eventually found her floating.....made for quite a pic

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
i stocked up on more meat for the grill last night.....arrowed a tasty little 108# doe.......hit was a couple inches back, she ran a bit.......after about 8-90 yards of tracking, lost blood......turns out she jumped into the beaver pond, eventually found her floating.....made for quite a pic

I just pulled out some ground antelope for chili makings. I'll throw it and the peppers/onions into the Green Egg to cook and absorb smoke flavor. The kids love it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Very important question Tim...have you ever seen a Squatch? :)

you can PM me if you dont want to say it on here...I totally get it. There has to be some in Maine!

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019

Really like those hibachi grills small but sturdy and worked well adjusting each side of the grill shelves Bada Bing

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd