Grow by being consistant, avoid the pitfall of inconsistancy!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
You probably know this but with younger kids especially, one of the the best thing you can do to get them excited to work more is make sure they feel good about something they did in the current workout. You don't have to lie to them but just pick something, anything, which you can praise at the end of a workout. At times I have been guilty of not making sure this happens as I personally didn't ever need this but as my DW says "She isn't you..."

Aboslutely! Spot on!

A person once told me the difference between Girls Fastpitch and Boys in Baseball. Especially younger players, Is that Girls have to feel good to play good. Boys have to play good to feel good. I'm sure that can overlap, but I have noticed it.

Jun 8, 2016
A person once told me the difference between Girls Fastpitch and Boys in Baseball. Especially younger players, Is that Girls have to feel good to play good. Boys have to play good to feel good. I'm sure that can overlap, but I have noticed it.
I don't know, while I have heard that too, that may be a bit of generalization. You just have to know your kid and what makes her tick.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You probably know this but with younger kids especially, one of the the best thing you can do to get them excited to work more is make sure they feel good about something they did in the current workout. You don't have to lie to them but just pick something, anything, which you can praise at the end of a workout. At times I have been guilty of not making sure this happens as I personally didn't ever need this but as my DW says "She isn't you..." (while saying Thank God under her breath..)
Bingo!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Want to encourage everyone to be consistant training weekly!

With all the years being involved with softball inconsistent workout schedule seems to be the number one Pitfall in all age brackets.
So thought to make a point of how important i believe staying on top of a training routine is and encourage it!

Missing training and not having consistant training creeps up slowly. Affecting the learning/growing curve of the individuals process.
You may not see its affects, until you dont make tryouts, or someone else gets the starting position.

Be an athlete who grows by keeping a consistant training routine!
Not a player who falls behind because others have grown by being consistant!

Go Softball!
Great topic - huge believer in a strong and consistent work ethic! I also believe that every individual at some point on their training will find their unique, optimum levels, assuming they are actually paying attention rather than just going robotically thru the motions.

Additionally, I would warn against (for most movements/skills) sacrificing quality for quantity. If time is short - would you rather get in 100 mechanically sound swings or 300 rushed, imperfect hacks?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Great topic - huge believer in a strong and consistent work ethic! I also believe that every individual at some point on their training will find their unique, optimum levels, assuming they are actually paying attention rather than just going robotically thru the motions.

Additionally, I would warn against (for most movements/skills) sacrificing quality for quantity. If time is short - would you rather get in 100 mechanically sound swings or 300 rushed, imperfect hacks?
Good point 'T'
Sloppy not so good.
Although it is a good learning moment when we recognize the difference between sloppy and correct!

Hopefully we can all learn to recognize sloppy, stop and refocus!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr