Grow by being consistant, avoid the pitfall of inconsistancy!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Want to encourage everyone to be consistant training weekly!

With all the years being involved with softball inconsistent workout schedule seems to be the number one Pitfall in all age brackets.
So thought to make a point of how important i believe staying on top of a training routine is and encourage it!

Missing training and not having consistant training creeps up slowly. Affecting the learning/growing curve of the individuals process.
You may not see its affects, until you dont make tryouts, or someone else gets the starting position.

Be an athlete who grows by keeping a consistant training routine!
Not a player who falls behind because others have grown by being consistant!

Go Softball!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Want to encourage everyone to be consistant training weekly!

With all the years being involved with softball inconsistent workout schedule seems to be the number one Pitfall in all age brackets.
So thought to make a point of how important i believe staying on top of a training routine is and encourage it!

Missing training and not having consistant training creeps up slowly.
The learning/growing curve is an individual process.
You may not see its affects, until you dont make tryouts, or someone else gets the starting position.

Be an athlete who grows by keeping a consistant training routine!
Not a player who falls behind because others have grown by being consistant!

Go Softball!

Nice Post! Question: What do you feel is a good training routing time wise that needs to be put in for younger ages per week? Obviously they don't need and or shouldn't train as much as older players.

Jun 8, 2016
"I don’t know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody – somewhere – was practicing more than me."

-Larry Bird

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Nice Post! Question: What do you feel is a good training routing time wise that needs to be put in for younger ages per week? Obviously they don't need and or shouldn't train as much as older players.
Thanku great question!
I like to keep it simple and say
"Even 20 minutes helps!"

I have a training routine I call
'five and five's' for catchers.
It is all of our manuevers repeated 5 times each within 20 minutes.
It is 90 manuevers! Higher speed trained in 15minutes.
All of our mechanics. Sides, up, down, throwing feet knees, dirt pitch, glove work.....

Even hitting can get in 75 swings at about 25 per five minutes.
Include picking up balls excetra.

In the bussiest of schedules we should be able wake up 20 minutes earlier or later to include a workout.

Can put Whatever you want in time you have.
Dial in technical footwork, glove work, mechanics, swings, throwing in atleast 20 minutes.
Even pitchers can do this.

We can always add more time 30-40-50 minutes.
However i notice over the years
EVERYONE has been able to apply some time on our own or even at befor or after practices...to work on our individual learning curve!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
"I don’t know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody – somewhere – was practicing more than me."

-Larry Bird
He must have heard my cleats on the dirt! ;) ?

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Does this mean I should be doing more than the tri in triathlon?

Jun 8, 2016
You probably know this but with younger kids especially, one of the the best thing you can do to get them excited to work more is make sure they feel good about something they did in the current workout. You don't have to lie to them but just pick something, anything, which you can praise at the end of a workout. At times I have been guilty of not making sure this happens as I personally didn't ever need this but as my DW says "She isn't you..." (while saying Thank God under her breath..)

Oct 2, 2017
Thanku great question!
I like to keep it simple and say
"Even 20 minutes helps!"

I have a training routine I call
'five and five's' for catchers.
It is all of our manuevers repeated 5 times each within 20 minutes.
It is 90 manuevers! Higher speed trained in 15minutes.
All of our mechanics. Sides, up, down, throwing feet knees, dirt pitch, glove work.....

Even hitting can get in 75 swings at about 25 per five minutes.
Include picking up balls excetra.

In the bussiest of schedules we should be able wake up 20 minutes earlier or later to include a workout.

Can put Whatever you want in time you have.
Dial in technical footwork, glove work, mechanics, swings, throwing in atleast 20 minutes.
Even pitchers can do this.

We can always add more time 30-40-50 minutes.
However i notice over the years
EVERYONE has been able to apply some time on our own or even at befor or after practices...to work on our individual learning curve!
I like that. I think sometimes parents don't realize that the younger plays, do not need 1-2 hour practices 2 times a week. As a matter of fact it less beneficial. Its better to break it up to 25-30 min multiple times during the week. My DD for ex: for hitting or fielding is every other day. 30 min most of the time. Unless we go to the field because you have to shag balls etc. which takes more time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr