GoPro Files

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
Have been going back through the GoPro videos of some games. Ran into issue with this one game where it recorded entire game but the last maybe inning I cant get that file to open. When GoPro records videos it breaks it down into 15-17 minute segments and records that as a file. So a game might have several files in it. Well, the last file, GPxxx18 shows a file size of 1,767,900K but will not open. The other files for that game are around 3,900,000K size and open fine.

Anybody know how to recover this video? Maybe post a link with instructions.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
We have successfully used this method on our GoPro Hero 3 and 4 cameras in the past:
How to Repair your MP4 currupted file - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

Have not had any of these truncating issues with the Hero 5. It recovers from errors much better on the camera. This issue is generally caused by the camera powering down before the file is finished writing. I used to cause this issue a lot. At the end of a game, I would stop the recording and immediately power the camera down. The problem is, you need to wait and let the camera finish writing the file and then power the camera down. I'm not saying that is definitely what happened in your case, but it was in ours.

Mar 24, 2014
We have successfully used this method on our GoPro Hero 3 and 4 cameras in the past:
How to Repair your MP4 currupted file - GoPro Forum, Classifieds and Support

Have not had any of these truncating issues with the Hero 5. It recovers from errors much better on the camera. This issue is generally caused by the camera powering down before the file is finished writing. I used to cause this issue a lot. At the end of a game, I would stop the recording and immediately power the camera down. The problem is, you need to wait and let the camera finish writing the file and then power the camera down. I'm not saying that is definitely what happened in your case, but it was in ours.

As usual, thanks for your help! Will try this out tomorrow and update the group.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sostrejr2002