Glove recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2020
What would be a good glove and size for HS age 3rd base glove? Currently uses a 12.25 should we stick with that size?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That’s what I was thinking also but she keeps telling me she thinks that will be to small . Cause you know teenagers know everything 😂
Those three infield positions are more about transferring the ball instead of catching it. I would say 11.75-12" max.

Apr 26, 2019
That’s what I was thinking also but she keeps telling me she thinks that will be to small . Cause you know teenagers know everything 😂
I'm going to get a reputation for derailing threads but this totally fits here.

One month ago, DD (softball player) and I were in the airport in Barcelona to meet DW and soccer playing DD in San Sébastien for a tournament.

DD, and I were having a "discussion" about something which she disagreed vehemently with, of course (she is 15). My Gen X self told her, "Look. Stop the Gen Z crap. Listen to me. I know what I'm talking about. I have 30 more years on this Earth than you. This will be fine." I MAY have sounded exasperated after the flight and being up for so long.

The guy in front of us, must have been an Anglophone because he burst out laughing. Clearly, I am hilarious or he doesn't get Gen Z either.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020
Okay John….a Don Morton Pro1000 exclusive, end thread!

This the one?? I’m not seeing it on Rawlings website, any place you recommend buying from? Or is ballgloves.com good? Thanks

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina

This the one?? I’m not seeing it on Rawlings website, any place you recommend buying from? Or is ballgloves.com good? Thanks
That’s it, Don Morton’s is BallGloves.com

I’m thinking Morton’s has the sole rights to the Pro1000, you can’t even order a custom Pro1000 on the builder.

I have seen several times on Rawlings site the 12.25” Pro Issue Spring Trainer, the same one I bought at the Rawlings outlet at Myrtle Beach.

The Pro1000 and the Pro206 are the same identical size and pattern, they’re actually cut from the same dies. The Pro1000 was always a Pro order and the Pro206 was a retail glove.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl