Getting Hit - By Your Own DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Softies aren't quite the same feel as regular balls. Jugs brand are about as close as any of them get, but as mentioned above, they're pretty hard for "softies". Wear shin guards if need be, but I'd stick with regular balls for pitching.

we use real balls when we can but one facility we sometimes practice in, we have to use the softies, as for 11" vs 12" if your dd has big enough hands and can handle the 12s with control I say start implementing them into your practice it only helped my DD going into 12u. oh and definitely invest in some form of shin guards whether its soccer or softball ones (used) and a mask as it gets a little hairy as they start picking up speed and start working on the breaking pitches. :D

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2013
Thanks all!

I know 24 balls seems overkill for practice but I'm going through "clicker training" with DD and I need to be right at her side. So she throws into the jugs travel screen.

And yeah, the shin guards and mask is something I'll definitely look into. Even though DD is only turning 11, I help the PC on our team catch for other girls and I've also caught for the older girls 14-18u. Catching for them scared the crap out of me...old team PC decided it'd be fun to put her 18u girl at 35 ft and throw full speed to demonstrate some things...barely saw the ball coming most of the time.

Dec 10, 2012
Waterloo Ontario
I believe my DD relishes the opportunity to hit me when she gets the chance. She loves when I stand in as a batter in the box...she seems to take that opportunity to work on inside pitches up by my head.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet