Getting better all the time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 13, 2010
Although we aren't winning we are getting better all the time. Every aspect of our game gets better with each game we play and after every practice. And the girls spirits are staying up. we are a young team with five freshmen and three sophmores and just a couple upper classmen, the majority have played very little one never played at all. I know of a couple travel teams that are kind of far away and some of the girls are interested for after the season but all the travel coaches say that none of my girls are good enough to play TB so I guess that's out. But I have some off season workouts planed and a few of them are excited about league play starting up. Plus I am really having fun, now that I got out of my low feelings thanks to all of you on here!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
In our area there are different levels of TB, so do not let an "A-level" coach discourage you. My DD started on a C-level team and worked her way up.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I don't know where you're located, but assuming that there are no limits on the number of girls from your school ball team allowed to be on a TB team, there's nothing saying you can't start your own. Before you do that though, you might want to check with your state's rules as to whether you're allowed x number of girls from the same school ball team or even whether you're allowed to coach them or not in the school off-season.

Jun 13, 2010
I don't know where you're located, but assuming that there are no limits on the number of girls from your school ball team allowed to be on a TB team, there's nothing saying you can't start your own. Before you do that though, you might want to check with your state's rules as to whether you're allowed x number of girls from the same school ball team or even whether you're allowed to coach them or not in the school off-season.

Starting my own team is out, As a HS coach the rules are that I can work with them as individuals from Memorial Day to when they start Fall sports, BUT Not as a team. TB is VERY limited and the few teams that there are already full. The coaches told me they are not interested in any players that don't have at least 5 years under them unless they are super good. Its always been my understanding that TB is just for the elite, and not the developing players. At least that is what the Coaches tell me. But its OK It doesn't bother me, I understand that there are some places for developing and some are not. Ill just do the best I can with what Ive got.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Starting my own team is out, As a HS coach the rules are that I can work with them as individuals from Memorial Day to when they start Fall sports, BUT Not as a team. TB is VERY limited and the few teams that there are already full. The coaches told me they are not interested in any players that don't have at least 5 years under them unless they are super good. Its always been my understanding that TB is just for the elite, and not the developing players. At least that is what the Coaches tell me. But its OK It doesn't bother me, I understand that there are some places for developing and some are not. Ill just do the best I can with what Ive got.

How can the school tell you what to do during the Summer... there is no school? TB, at least in my area, are full of different caliber of teams. Maybe check with people to see if they would be interested in coaching during the Summer. I have also seen where the local HS all got together and developed a "summer" league between them.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
How can the school tell you what to do during the Summer... there is no school? TB, at least in my area, are full of different caliber of teams. Maybe check with people to see if they would be interested in coaching during the Summer. I have also seen where the local HS all got together and developed a "summer" league between them.

I can tell you that here, in Ohio, we're not allowed to have more than 4 players ftom the same HS on a TB team. That's according to OHSAA. It's not the school but the state governing bodies of the schools in the state. Other states are different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan