First Hitting Lesson of the Summer

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Most good hitters hit a lot on their own but hey if you think you are so good at instructing that you don't think
yours need to then more power to you..
Just being realistic. I try to control what I can control and that’s only what I can do with them when I’ve got them. Many bad hitters hit on their own too. Maximize the time that I have with them. I can’t control what they do or don’t do on their own time.

Reactions: JaC
Nov 18, 2015
She hit softballs off of the tee with her normal bat. As soon as this happened, she went back to her main problem which is that she over rotates on her load and "shows her number to the pitcher." I asked her to freeze on her load and asked her about where both of her eyes were. Where was the ball coming from?
Joey Myers (www.hittingperformancelab.com) has been a big advocate of "show your # to the pitcher". I always saw that as being part of a FBC (forward by coil) movement. Is your issue with this cue b/c she exaggerates this move, or would you prefer that no batter use this technique (essentially staying square to the plate during the load).

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Joey Myers (www.hittingperformancelab.com) has been a big advocate of "show your # to the pitcher". I always saw that as being part of a FBC (forward by coil) movement. Is your issue with this cue b/c she exaggerates this move, or would you prefer that no batter use this technique (essentially staying square to the plate during the load).

Gags, I don't like the cue and don't see that happening when I look at videos of what the best hitters do. (Hanson Principle.) Yes, she was overdoing it to the point that she could not have consistent timing. What I coach is for the "front hip to get in the way to get out of the way." It is a very subtle observation by me and an action by the hitter.

Pujols_09-074_10-36_R.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

If you can get the chest to counter during front foot initiation you will get very good rotation imo. But it’s poo pooed bc of timing constraints. The object is line drives not max contractions mostly. Akin to walking .. left foot forward right shoulder back etc etc. or w Barry the opposite.

1687467291514.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks