Fielding glove recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
While that may be true about the cost, an A2000 will outlast the two Akadema's! The Akadema's, at that price level, come pretty much game ready & will get floppy in relatively short order.

Additionally, the cheaper Akadema's are notorious for running smaller than spec.

My dd's Akadema is running on 4 years now. Always stored with a ball in it, so it still holds it's shape. Not knocking the A2000's i think they are great. I've see plenty of flat A2000's, or high end gloves flat and floppy. Take care of them, and they will last.

Dunno about the running small part. Guess that depends on how you measure them. Glove pieces are cut with dies, and are all the same size, for the same model.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
My dd's Akadema is running on 4 years now. Always stored with a ball in it, so it still holds it's shape.

My DD loves her Akadema. Wish she would take care of it better, but when she needs it I'll buy another one for her.

Apr 1, 2010
I bought a demo Akadema Reptilian from JustBallGloves in the 12.5" and I think it's neat. DD, however, doesn't care for it. If you hold it up against her 12" Mizuno, it does look about the same size or even a touch smaller.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I will second the recommendation of the Nokona Buckaroo. They are expensive, but if she takes care of it, it will be the last glove you have to buy. The all leather Nokona is a great glove too, but it is heavier than the Buckaroo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz