Fear of giving wrong advice!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I have been coaching for quite a while and I think I know what I am doing. I always try to get all the info I can get and look for answers when I am confused or not sure about something. I have been answering questions on the forum and I hope I am helpful. I just can't get over this fear of giving the wrong answer. Is this normal or should I not try giving answers? When do you know that you have gotten to the point that your observations are correct? I am not so worried about criticism as I am about screwing someone up. I might be looking for what I think all of us are; reinforcement of what we have been taught over the years.

Oct 22, 2009
If your not sure, just say "In my opinion", Or "My" advice would be, or "This is what I would do".
This is basically an advice column and everyone here should be aware that what people advise here is just that, "Their" advice.

I personally like to hear all the different advices and make my own judgments. When someone is asking advice and someone else has already offered the same advice I would give, I'll answer with an agreement. I like to see how the majority of people feel about a certain subject.
Keep doing what your doing

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
There are many philosophies and styles techniques etc when it comes to coaching.
Then there is experience with different ages and situational experiences
that differ from coach to coach and program to program, etc. This is an advice column,
do not hesitate to give your opinions etc. (good post jojo)

We are all here to learn and come to conclusions based on gathered information. The more
opinions and advice we see in this forum, the more beneficial to all of us.

I prefer not to give advice to my wife though, I find this is a daunting task as well as
a waste of breath in most instances. :) :)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Relax, if you haven't noticed on here, there are 1000's of opinions of what the right answer is. If you haven't had a parent tell you that you are giving the wrong advice, you probably will soon. You are on here, so you are trying along with the rest of us to be the best coach you can, more than a majority of coaches can say. Then don't forget, they are young girls, they only listen about half the time, and forget another half of that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan