F20 Power carbon

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 28, 2019
Alright experts.... $150 for a no return, new in wrapper. Jump on it or leave it?

What’s the scuttlebutt on breakage for these bats?

Apr 28, 2019
Fair price. $150 is my limit for a new demo or warranty replacement bat. Bought 2 a PXT & Quatro and no issues with quality still going strong.
You should be good with drop 10. The drop 11 seems to be the bat that has some issues with negative feedback.
I will say that one review in particular stands out to me on Power Carbon.
If you check out Just Bats/Bat Digest they had two HS age girls demo all the top bats for 2019 & 2020. IMO they don’t seem to be TB level players but they got to choose and keep their favorite bat after testing each year.
The girls used all 32” 22oz bats. The 2019 Results were the power hitter chose LXT but host talked/pushed her towards Xeno. The top of the order hitter chose Power Carbon with Xeno being 2nd choice.
During the 2020 testing the girl that chose the 19 PC said she only used it for 5 games before switching bats because it stung her hands too much.
For 2020 the power hitter chose the Ghost with the Quatro Pro her runner-up. The top of the order hitter chose the Demarini Prism as her 1st choice and Xeno again as her 2nd choice.
They both commented they were most pleasantly surprised with Carbon 1 and both were very disappointed with Power Carbon.
You may want to check out video.
Not recommending or bashing any bats just passing along what I believe is useful info.

Jul 28, 2019
Fair price. $150 is my limit for a new demo or warranty replacement bat. Bought 2 a PXT & Quatro and no issues with quality still going strong.
You should be good with drop 10. The drop 11 seems to be the bat that has some issues with negative feedback.
I will say that one review in particular stands out to me on Power Carbon.
If you check out Just Bats/Bat Digest they had two HS age girls demo all the top bats for 2019 & 2020. IMO they don’t seem to be TB level players but they got to choose and keep their favorite bat after testing each year.
The girls used all 32” 22oz bats. The 2019 Results were the power hitter chose LXT but host talked/pushed her towards Xeno. The top of the order hitter chose Power Carbon with Xeno being 2nd choice.
During the 2020 testing the girl that chose the 19 PC said she only used it for 5 games before switching bats because it stung her hands too much.
For 2020 the power hitter chose the Ghost with the Quatro Pro her runner-up. The top of the order hitter chose the Demarini Prism as her 1st choice and Xeno again as her 2nd choice.
They both commented they were most pleasantly surprised with Carbon 1 and both were very disappointed with Power Carbon.
You may want to check out video.
Not recommending or bashing any bats just passing along what I believe is useful info.

Will do, thanks!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
F20 takes a few swings to get going compared to the F19...hence, durability has been a little better
as well although neither really has much issue.
Definitely will outperform the Carbon1 for most hitters and most will prefer the feel of the PC.

The PC will hold its own with any bat on the market and may even beat them out if you give it a fair chance.

Again, take reviews for what they are. If someone doesn't hit the bat well, its the bat. Nothing is taken into account
that the bat may not fit the player and what not. Like the one person that just posted on here, his dd was swinging
a drop11 and thought the bat was bad...turns out the bat was too light for their dd. Stuff like that.

I am def on the $150 mark for new NR bats and usually wouldn't go higher.
Obviously, some bats can go higher depending on retail prices. Sometimes NR bats
are a cheap way to find the "right" bat for your dd...but there aren't ton floating around.
And remember, you take that chance with no warranty. Sometimes you get bit when you play
the game :)
Most people understand the chance and I stress it many times before I ever sold a NR to anybody.
But I did sell a new NR Demar to somebody a while ago and it broke fast...they had a sh!t fit they
bought a bat and it broke so fast and weren't happy with the "it is what it is" answer. Some love to
pay the cheaper price, but unwillingly to realize the chance is there. Sometimes you get bit.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
Alright experts.... $150 for a no return, new in wrapper. Jump on it or leave it?

What’s the scuttlebutt on breakage for these bats?
I would....I mean I did :ROFLMAO: I found a 33/23 F20 Power Carbon NIW for $150 about a month ago and jumped on it. However, I am a risk/reward type of guy and have accepted long ago that I will be spending thousands of dollars on softball equipment over my DD's career. Experiments cost money :eek:

I think anything new in wrapper for a 40% discount is worth the risk. A drop -10 anything should be safe. A drop -11, maybe not....

Jul 28, 2019
F20 takes a few swings to get going compared to the F19...hence, durability has been a little better
as well although neither really has much issue.
Definitely will outperform the Carbon1 for most hitters and most will prefer the feel of the PC.

The PC will hold its own with any bat on the market and may even beat them out if you give it a fair chance.

Again, take reviews for what they are. If someone doesn't hit the bat well, its the bat. Nothing is taken into account
that the bat may not fit the player and what not. Like the one person that just posted on here, his dd was swinging
a drop11 and thought the bat was bad...turns out the bat was too light for their dd. Stuff like that.

I am def on the $150 mark for new NR bats and usually wouldn't go higher.
Obviously, some bats can go higher depending on retail prices. Sometimes NR bats
are a cheap way to find the "right" bat for your dd...but there aren't ton floating around.
And remember, you take that chance with no warranty. Sometimes you get bit when you play
the game :)
Yes totally. $150 is my top for a NR.

Jul 28, 2019
With the way my DD is growing, I’d be happy to get 6-9 months out of a bat. That’s why I’m shying away from retail priced new bats right now. So a no return bat would be OK for us right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish