Evaluations?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2012
What are your thoughts with coaches creating evaluations for their players? Ones that are written out.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
It is a great idea. But if you are really honest just be ready for some hurt feelings and upset parents.

The truth can hurt, but presented w/ more positive comments than criticisms makes it more palatable. In some cases, there may have to be a number of comments like: shows up on time, is a good listener, always hustles, is a good teammate etc. when the primary message is "needs to work extensively on hitting, throwing, fielding, and baserunning". A spoonful of sugar....

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have some hard feelings against someone that I thought was sneaky and used DD. Another person that was upfront and honest about DD, not complimentary, we have a good relationship just disagree.

If you want someone’s opinion shut your mouth and listen.

Oct 10, 2011
I think it would be good for the older girls in travel ball or high school- presented properly. Right now my DD's coach tells each one of them what they need to focus on outside of practice that week... so it's not on paper but they know they need to improve in that area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travis.goodnight