Elbow sprain \ strain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 12, 2015
o tincher student. I taught her, with the help of java and Fastpitch power, and hill house videos, and several others. Hours and hours of videos. Some of the best instructors in the world have amazing content out there. If you are good at taking those videos and applying it, it is amazing what you can learn.

Her fastest is around 54 maybe 55 but rarely does she throw that in a game. Normally between 51 - 53. She has great movement and command. We do want to increase her velocity of course when she gets healthy. So I am trying to understand what you are saying about the blow through. Her upper arm needs to brush more solidly, giving her forearm more time to extend, is that right? And how would you address that?

Thanks

I only asked because she has the same glove block technique Tincher teaches.

As for blowing through release, watch the elite pitchers. You'll see a "pause" in their upper arm as it stabilizes at the ribs and the lower arm accelerates and whips past. Your DD has a good whip, but doesn't have a strong upper arm stabilization, which results in a less effective whip than it could be.

For fixing it, just make it a point of emphasis and have her go by feel. When she gets it, she'll feel a boost in her whip. Again, its a minor point, so don't emphasize it to the point that it causes problems.

My DD also has a slight hyper extension at elbow and had a slight tear in UCL. It was caused from over hand throwing flaws. We tried the rest for 6 weeks and it helped initially but problems came back worse. Watch any over hand drills “water bottle drill” fix any over hand flaws. if the problem persist check out my post in the pitching section about our experience with the PRP shot.

Feb 5, 2019
Define: Brutal Tournament? Did she pitch over 350 pitches in a back-to-back double header?

She doesn't look like she's going 100% in the videos. Do you have game videos?

Nov 16, 2017
Define: Brutal Tournament? Did she pitch over 350 pitches in a back-to-back double header?

She doesn't look like she's going 100% in the videos. Do you have game videos?

2 Day tournament. Little over hour drive. First game at 8:30 be at field at 7:30, means leave home 6:15 means get up at 5:00. So get up at 5 Saturday morning. We then ended up playing 4 games that day with the last one ending at 11:30 PM. So get home at 1AM and have to be back at field by 9AM. Injury occurred around 4PM that afternoon. 154 total pitches. However, she plays the field when she is not pitching. So I believe it was a total body fatigue that lead to the injury.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles