drop balll ???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
is there something you can do to prepare for a good dropball pitcher? i know a good hitting team and when they lost to a dropball pitcher ,i heard them say they could'nt make the adjustment? what adjustment???? just wondering if you use a different approach when trying to hit a dropball solid?

Nov 14, 2011
What we tell our team is to get in the front of the box. Of course if you have a pitcher that has a ton of velocity that will hurt that part of the game. By getting in the front of the box you take away the movement.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
is there something you can do to prepare for a good dropball pitcher? i know a good hitting team and when they lost to a dropball pitcher ,i heard them say they could'nt make the adjustment? what adjustment???? just wondering if you use a different approach when trying to hit a dropball solid?

You gotta get your own DropBall pitcher....and you'll see every adjustment known to mankind. Watch the UT game today... they have had 2 weeks with all the video support to get ready for it....Will they move up in the box ? I'm looking to see some sneaky batting... crowding the plate ect... ???

Just a guess, but I'm thinking I would get the PC who taught it to the pitcher... to be your HHC=Head&HittingCoach...???

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
1st it depends on how your lead off, or best contact hitter does with it the first time around....If she can't get it down, or chop it over...give your big hitters this game off, no since in ruining their stats. Sub in all your fastest runners... this is going to be a track meet.

Oct 19, 2009
Some good suggestions, but some info on how i teach to hit a drop.

A few suggestions on the swing, don’t drop the hands or dip as you swing, get the barrel of the bat on plane of the ball early and keep on the plane of the pitch as long as possible, use your legs to power the swing, and attack the pitch do not swing passively.

I use a tee at knee level and about six inches below the knee, work zones 1, 2 and 3 or inside, middle and outside, the goal is to have the kids hit line drives into the grass from the tees. :cool:

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Move up in the box, then be patient and watch enough balls drop out of the zone for a ball, eventually the pitcher will make an adjustment and then smack it when she tries to get it up a bit.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
1st it depends on how your lead off, or best contact hitter does with it the first time around....If she can't get it down, or chop it over...give your big hitters this game off, no since in ruining their stats. Sub in all your fastest runners... this is going to be a track meet.

sorry I don't care about the stats, thats for their moms to worry about. Eventually the drop ball pitcher will make a mistake. You want someone ready to hit it hard when she makes it.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Ugh, see the problem is PC's spews this nonsense to the other parents on the team. I just hope they can see through the bull.

Go with Peppers approach...

Last edited: