Digging in back foot

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2019
I have noticed a habit of my 11yr old digging her back foot in before the pitch. It seems like this would throw her off balance. I asked her why she was doing it and she said she feels like her foot is slipping when she pushes off if she doesn't do it.

She has dabbled in pitching over the years(she's a catcher) but this past summer got serious about it. She hasn't done a lot of work yet on the lower half. Should I just ignore the foot grinding and wait for her pitching coach to fix it when she gets to it? Or is there a quick fix to making her a little more stable before pushing off.

May 13, 2023
Pitching people may have their technical added perspectives to stabilize balance...
Which may Simply Be how she's carrying her weight in her transition to pitching learning balance.

imo if she is able to recognize what her foot is doing and purposely utilize... which she is doing, for grip is a good thing.
Good for her!
Self-awareness can take her far!

Let her do it!
The more serious she becomes and any technical instruction that would come in the future she will at least have the body awareness to make further adjustments IF needed.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Two things she thinks having her stride foot back and leaning over/into the motion while behind the drive foot is helping. The lean into the windup needs to get out front of the drive foot and not behind.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad