Desire to pitch high speeds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 29, 2021
I see a lot of posts discussing mechanics behind throwing higher speeds, but what about desire to throw at a high speed?

Jan 28, 2017
Desire to throw hard. Some pitchers aim the ball. Some try to throw hard and muscle up. Both will not allow you to be your best.

I think you have to have the desire to work on throwing hard but you can't muscle the ball. My daughter seems to muscle you and her legs get out of whack when she ties to power the ball. At times she will aim the ball instead of turning it loose.

More mental for her than physical. She can't think about anything and turn it loose. As soon as you tell her to stop thinking and throw it, she throws faster.

Jun 19, 2020
When DD was younger we talked about throwing harder and she would muscle up and things went south. We basically changed our vocabulary and started talking about throwing faster. We talked about being loose and fast. Less was definitely more for her. Each kid is different, definitely want to avoid tensing up.

Nov 18, 2013
I missed this first time around. Great story of perseverance! Congrats and good luck to your DD in college!

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri

Awesome story. This is the exact thread/post I needed to see. DD has hit a plateau with her speed and it’s been frustrating her. I’ll share your DD’s experience with her and look into some of the things you researched and used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes