Dead Ball HR

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Some coaches will have the runner leave early in a game that has gotten out of hand. Less obvious way of giving them an out. We have done it several time but never thought about the batter hitting a home run (God forbid it was her first!!!).

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Some coaches will have the runner leave early in a game that has gotten out of hand. Less obvious way of giving them an out. We have done it several time but never thought about the batter hitting a home run (God forbid it was her first!!!).
Actually that would have been #2 for for the game. Instead of leaving the base early, I like to have the batter put the ball in play by bunting to the pitcher. Not as embarrassing for the other team. BUT that won't help the batter's stats! Walking off base doesn't hurt anyone.

May 20, 2016
Actually that would have been #2 for for the game. Instead of leaving the base early, I like to have the batter put the ball in play by bunting to the pitcher. Not as embarrassing for the other team. BUT that won't help the batter's stats! Walking off base doesn't hurt anyone.
Barnhill would like a word with you.

Jan 25, 2022

You're presuming we all have kids capable of bunting on command! Hahaha!

:(

Oct 4, 2018

Yeah, can't mess with the stats!!!! :p

But seriously, can't do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles