dd gets drilled while pitching tonight

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 14, 2013
Long Island
Sorry to hear about it! As bad as it seems, it can ALWAYS be worse! Thank God that is all that happened. Be well, and don't let her milk the recovery too much! :)

Jul 26, 2010
Ouch! Those low comebackers are hard to defend. Sometimes the sound of the ball hitting their shin is louder then the crack of the ball hitting the bat. I hope she has a speedy recovery!

Best thing you can do to help her avoid this in the future is to make sure she knows to see how the batter is lining up in the box and understand the batters hitting zone vs. the strike zone. Many bucket coaches are inept, and will often call outside pitches when the batter has their toes on the dish, which means that outside pitch is a sweet one to hit for the batter and is coming back up the middle. The pitcher needs to know she has to shake this call off.

-W

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Best thing you can do to help her avoid this in the future is to make sure she knows to see how the batter is lining up in the box and understand the batters hitting zone vs. the strike zone.

-W
I couldn't agree more!
Batter was deep on the right box, and I called a low and out drop ball. But dd missed and left it fat, right on the belt, and down main street. BOOM!! The ball was off her knee cap and hitting the backstop behind the catcher before we knew what the hell just happened. I know it could have been much worse, but it was one of the hardest things Ive ever been through as her coach.
Got an appt with the orthopedic Dr. Thurs morn for MRI and a better evaluation. Preliminary xrays were OK, but there may be some other issues that the ER missed.

Apr 9, 2012
Had a pitcher take a line drive off her forehead Sat. Thank goodness for the Rip It mask. 5 min break and she was back in.

Its knocked the paint off the mask and took her clean off her feet.

May 7, 2013
Texas
Hope she gets better soon. In practice my daughter knocked a line drive down right to her face with her glove. She was fine but it scared her so much she was crying. She got back on the rubber and kept pitching strikes. Pitchers have to be mentally tough, or a little crazy.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Hope she gets better soon. In practice my daughter knocked a line drive down right to her face with her glove. She was fine but it scared her so much she was crying. She got back on the rubber and kept pitching strikes. Pitchers have to be mentally tough, or a little crazy.

Having a DD who pitches, I'll take door #2. ;)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Had a pitcher take a line drive off her forehead Sat. Thank goodness for the Rip It mask. 5 min break and she was back in.

Its knocked the paint off the mask and took her clean off her feet.

Best $40 that pitchers parents EVER spent!!!!

Oct 2, 2012
So glad she is ok. Parents of pitchers have to have nerves of steel! Yesterday at 11u Usssa nationals in des moines a pitcher on the diamond near us took a line drive to the forehead. No mask. She is ok and walked off unassisted. Almost heart stopping to hear the ambulance sirens.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz