DD and team make me proud!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Friday night DD texted that she wanted to get in some extra batting practice before this weekend's tournament. I wasn't feeling good but couldn't miss the opportunity to get some time in with her since we haven't been able to practice. At away tournaments, we don't see her much because the girls stay together, eat together etc... We had a good time and after DD went to the car, an Ump for the baseball game that was ready to start walked up to me and started to talk about DD. Said he wanted to take her information to give to his wife who was a college coach. It ends up that the coach is at one of the better D3 schools in the country and they have already offered a spot to DD. On a side note, he said they scrimmage a local small D1 school frequently and beat them the majority of times. The next day, we got a nice note from the coach saying how her husband said she was absolutely KILLING the ball!
Over the weekend, with a team of only 10 girls, which two are pretty banged up, they ended up going undefeated, winning the championship, and beat their "arch rivals" 2 times. DD had one of her best weekends hitting but it was her defense that made my day. She played at 3rd and in the outfield. In the championship game she made a "superman" catch in the outfield that saved the game (there were no fences). Everyone stood up and cheered, and several said it was one of the best plays they've ever seen in the outfield. Several people just kept saying WOW! DD seems to be constantly moved around on the field and she never complains (we grumble about it though LOL). Probably the best compliment was a former coach that said, no matter where they put her, she produces! I'm a proud pop:)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12