Custom glove experiences??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2017
Sorry I didn't see this thread when it was new. I ordered DD a Marucci Custom Oxbow last year. She is an outfielder, uses TIP / shift. Went 12.75 full trap web. She LOVES it. I will say that it hasn't held up as good as I hoped it would, but it has gotten used 2-3 practices a week, 25 travel tournaments, and school ball spring and fall. Nothing broke or worn out yet, but you can see wear on outside shell. Have since ordered a Gloveworks, that seems sturdy, but it is still in break in process, because she likes the Marucci so much. She has already said she wanted another one.

Got dd a custom marucci back in 2019. It held up ok but the red faded pretty bad pretty quick. Went to a Wilson A2000 and now a pro 44. I may have a slight problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan 16, 2020
Got dd a custom marucci back in 2019. It held up ok but the red faded pretty bad pretty quick. Went to a Wilson A2000 and now a pro 44. I may have a slight problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Marucci is great. The only reason I brought up the wear, is that it looks older than it is (mostly on outer shell, middle 2 finger slots). Every couple of months, I'll clean it and use Nokona glove conditioner on it. It seems to be only aesthetic, no issues on shape or inner linings.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
It's at " Glovewhispererperformance " going through his break in process (he actually called me a couple of hours ago to discuss details). I figured since this one wasn't her favorite, it was a good candidate to try the process out. The Gloveworks comes too stiff for my liking, @ANNASDAD would probably love it. When I get it back next week, I'll post pics and the results
I’ve only owned one, a Dan Davis 12.25” I-web in Midnight Tan Steerhide, it was one beautiful glove and extremely well made. I honestly don’t remember ever catching a ball with it? I ordered it straight from Dan just to check it out and see what they were all about. Sold it to a member here, I actually tried to buy it back but he had already sold it to a Pro playing double A or triple A, pretty sure that’s what he told me?
8931CE69-A817-4CC9-BDAB-E34A203A3C74.jpeg8A5BC0F1-A528-4B70-85D0-7C6D4E675A3D.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06