Custom glove experiences??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I know it happens but I've honestly never seen a girl use a 14" glove in fastpitch! That's a massive glove! After what she's used to any recommendation from me will be useless, good luck!
In all seriousness, I think your recommendation would be helpful. Once she realizes she will no longer need 30" hands to make a quick transfer on DP, she will thank you.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Okay, is the 14” glove still useable / serviceable for outfield? If so that’s handled and I’d focus on buying her a high quality glove for pitching and SS, which can be shared.

Sep 28, 2021
Okay, is the 14” glove still useable / serviceable for outfield? If so that’s handled and I’d focus on buying her a high quality glove for pitching and SS, which can be shared.
The old glove is junk. Leather is all coming apart in the palm and cracking wherever it has tie holes. She mainly pitches and SS....so just find a decent infield glove then?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Think it was Bonesaw the other day who was talking about the weight of gloves….how long has she been using her 14” glove? I’d almost bet her glove side arm is bigger than her throwing arm, when she feels the weight of a new 12” / 12.25” glove she just may smack you with that 14” laundry basket!

Sep 28, 2021
Think it was Bonesaw the other day who was talking about the weight of gloves….how long has she been using her 14” glove? I’d almost bet her glove side arm is bigger than her throwing arm, when she feels the weight of a new 12” / 12.25” glove she just may smack you with that 14” laundry basket!
The problem with the smaller gloves was she could not get her hands in them, She has big hands for her age (probably gets that from me) So has the size of the glove have anything to do with the hand pocket?? or just the length of the over all glove??

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If you’re thinking custom, I’d still take a look at a Marucci custom Cypress baseball glove! I’m a huge fan of a 12” glove at both P & SS, but in your DD’s case with her being so used to a massive glove I’d definitely lean towards a 12.25”.

And also one of the guys here said the 12” Cypress was a little on the small side.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So has the size of the glove have anything to do with the hand pocket?? or just the length of the over all glove??
Nope, not in an adult baseball glove. I mean some manufacturers are definitely different than others. You’d have to specifically look to find an adult glove with a specific hand stall size, like the A2000 Pedroia fit for smaller hands.

Nov 5, 2021
The problem with the smaller gloves was she could not get her hands in them, She has big hands for her age (probably gets that from me) So has the size of the glove have anything to do with the hand pocket?? or just the length of the over all glove??

hey LRH,
I feel like i can relate to you on this topic.

We have 3 custom rawlings gloves, 1 regular rawlings HOH glove, 1 44 brand 9" trainer glove, two pancake trainers gloves, and 2 Wilson A800 gloves which my wife and I use to practice with the kids. The only reason I get custom gloves, is because i like the personalization of the gloves. It is a massive waste of 200$ premium. But my logic is $200 won't matter over the lifetime of this glove.

Annas dad is right, I learned the hard way. For SS you want your daughter using the smallest glove she feels comfortable with. I had my daughter playing with 12", and then i gave her my 11.75", and she loved it because she was much quicker with it. I heard of some girls playing with 11.5", but my daughter isn't talented enough to play with something that small. (we experimented with our baseball gloves).

So i would reiterate what Annasdad said. With a custom you can select adult fit, and get a 12" glove. If you go with the rawlings, look at the 120sb cut.

Good luck.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
jxr006 makes some great points, but I'd still focus on a baseball glove, custom or not!

If a custom Rawlings, I'd look at a 12" Heart of the Hide model, either a Pro206, a ProNP6, or a Pro316. I'm a huge fan of the NP6! My 11.75" ProNP5 is a big 11.75" glove so there's that. My DD and a lot of girls here use the Pro206.

If a Marucci, a custom Cypress which is equivalent to a HOH or A2000. I've never owned one before so I really don't know their sizing? So 12" or probably 12.25".

If not a custom, look at the new Don Morton Black Horween Pro1000-HC, super nice glove! Just an hour ago I took one of these back to a Dad who dropped it off for me to get ready for his DD. I didn't want to give it back! With their always 10% off coupon these exclusives are less money than a retail HOH or A2000 from Goober's, no brainer! It's like getting a custom in two days instead of months! And now is NOT the time to be ordering a custom anything unless you've got lots of time!

Morton's is out of Tan Horween Pro1000's right now.

Oct 13, 2017
Got a 12 inch Marucci Cypress last year when they ran a sale. Great glove, thick wide tan lacing, the only drawback to me is the white binding. Don't like it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA