Crack?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Looks like a seam, not really a crack. Could last a long time, maybe not. I would gauge your return on the time you have left on the return.
If you have a little time left on the year, then wait. If you have a month left on it, return it

I have seen seams in slowpitch eastons last forever

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019
Interesting little "Charlie Brown" crack around the barrel on the left of the picture. Good thing about bats is there are lots of good options. The gap to the Ghost has tightened significantly as of late.
That crack is tough on my bucket of balls:) If you look at the crack you can see bits of leather hanging out.

I keep buying her new bats and she keeps hitting the ghost.

They are great bats and she loves them but she goes through them to quick. This one is about 4 months old. She does not baby them though. That bat has seen hundreds of hits a day for 4 months.

Jun 6, 2012
Indiana
Just got the email that her bat is being replaced. Had 1 day left on 1 year warranty when I submitted the claim. Good timing.

Jun 6, 2012
Indiana
Update to post:

Monday 8/23 received confirmation bat would be replaced and would ship out that day. Last week Easton and Rawlings merged computer systems. Have called Friday last week, Monday, Tuesday of this week and they could not access any information on their computer system of past orders. Finally talked with someone today that could get a little information off the system, was told they have not shipped anything from 8/23 to probably the end of this week. Hoping to ship out bats early next week. What a mess! Not real confident the bat will ship out next week, just a waiting game now.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And thats true...no retailers can get on their system at all. Just says in maintenance the past week or 2.

And also, site is in maintenance because they just got a huge shipment in too that they are updating

Jun 6, 2012
Indiana
Update: Finally got a notice that they have bats in stock. Bat should be shipped out next week. Not holding my breath as it has been 1.5 months since they received the bat and deemed it broken.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Has nothing to do with deeming it broken...its sat because they had no bats. Dealers couldnt get bats either. I waited
2+ months to get 33/23s back in stock. Thats what happens when supply chain is not very good right now. Happens to many
companies as I have said before. No idea why you added the "hold your breath" comment. You cant give someone something you
dont have. Not like bat companies arent going to replace your bat.
Easton, Mizuno, Miken/Worth, LS, Demarini, Anderson are all working around the way this world is right now...it kinda sucks at times.
Bat companies dont have a magical wand to get stuff here quicker than all the other stuff in delays.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Has nothing to do with deeming it broken...its sat because they had no bats. Dealers couldnt get bats either. I waited
2+ months to get 33/23s back in stock. Thats what happens when supply chain is not very good right now. Happens to many
companies as I have said before. No idea why you added the "hold your breath" comment. You cant give someone something you
dont have. Not like bat companies arent going to replace your bat.
Easton, Mizuno, Miken/Worth, LS, Demarini, Anderson are all working around the way this world is right now...it kinda sucks at times

I live in the LA area and I can see all of the cargo ships sitting idle just off shore waiting to be offloaded. It is really, really backed up.

My friends DD’s new teams helmets are sitting in one of them as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk