Covid Transmission via Outside Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2016
Does anyone think their DD has caught Covid from outdoor softball activities? Practice, game, etc?

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We played a full summer/fall and now 12 games into a varsity season with zero issues. Through all of this we have had zero positives and only a couple of girls that had to quaratine do to possible exposure. None of these were caused by softball activities.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
No, been to more tournaments and practices over the last 9 months than I can count. DD tested positive back in October, but 99.9% sure it was from school.

Oct 10, 2018
Started playing in June last summer and not one player or parent caught it. We forfeited one tourney b/c one girl had to quarantine for possible exposure and if she had it might have passed it to the team, but nope, she wasn't infected.

Mar 6, 2016
Only been playing for a couple months and have already had two girls get it. Then just this weekend had the coach's other child and wife get sick and had to cancel a game this weekend. Other team chose not to play after being informed of it. :(

I don't think there is ever a way to pin it down to one single thing/place/reason unless you know you've been near or around someone that you know has tested positive or been sick.

Jun 19, 2016
Definitely hard to pen down where it came from unless several girls from on team get it. My DD has been to many tournaments and has not got it yet... although I have been avoiding it when I know about it. For example, I did pull her out of a tournament fairly early after we started playing again because I knew the team had one girl that tested positive and although she wasn't there it had been less than a week since she had practiced with her team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr