Consumed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
I'm at the movies waiting for Star Wars to show and the preview has the Atlanta Braves stadium to market the thing. Why am I sitting here judging the hand path and separation and rotational tension of the batter instead of just sitting back like everyone else here?

Why am I looking at the throw home and thinking (you need to talk to wasserman).

I'm consumed! That's why. Please tell me there is no softball or baseball in this movie!!!

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
I'm at the movies waiting for Star Wars to show and the preview has the Atlanta Braves stadium to market the thing. Why am I sitting here judging the hand path and separation and rotational tension of the batter instead of just sitting back like everyone else here?

Why am I looking at the throw home and thinking (you need to talk to wasserman).

I'm consumed! That's why. Please tell me there is no softball or baseball in this movie!!!

Unless you count how things are thrown there is no mention of them. Enjoy the awesomeness.

Aug 26, 2015
Bathroom break for DD, but there was a scene where Fin gripped his lightsaber, but didn't use his hip rotation....tisk tisk. All arms. No power.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
According to my sources, FFS is creating some animations showing RVP connection point position when swinging a lightsaber.

Last edited:

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I understand where you're coming from completely. Whenever a TV show or movie uses baseball/softball as part of the story, I can't help but evaluate the technique. Used to drive my wife nuts when I would share my insights with the family. Now I just keep them to myself. But I still do it.

You can excuse Finn's poor technique. He's just doing what everyone does when they first pick up a bat - swing the arms. Looks like Rey had training though. No excuse for her and Ren.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I understand where you're coming from completely. Whenever a TV show or movie uses baseball/softball as part of the story, I can't help but evaluate the technique. Used to drive my wife nuts when I would share my insights with the family. Now I just keep them to myself. But I still do it.

I'm with you. That's one of the things I've always liked about "Bull Durham" - Costner's swing was decent.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
we were watching Happy Gilmore the other night and there is a scene at the beginning where he goes to the batting cage to toughen up by taking balls in the chest. As the camera pans to the cage there is a boy swinging at a ball with hideous mechanics....the girls mocked him and I rewound to view it in slo motion....mom just rolled her eyes and faded to a place where I think she pictured former boyfriends and wondered why she didn't marry them instead and whether or not they would have sired more normal daughters that did not think farts were a form of humor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13