Composite bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
composite bats are lighter? hmm, perhaps you should stop talking to big box sports guys

LOL. Talking doesn't make me pull my wallet out. He wasn't convincing at all, but since I've heard on and off about composites, but not really known that there was a difference, I figured it wouldn't hurt to get insight on the subject. I now know enough to know that she doesn't need a composite bat, yet.

Jun 12, 2015
We got our first composite when we were in all stars last year. We got a used CF4 on Ebay for $60. It's been a great bat. We figured since we're already spending so much money we might as well spend more and got her a CF8 this year. Because we don't need new cars or savings, only softball stuff. I can usually tell a composite when I hold it now but that's only because I've compared a bunch of bats at this point. This time last year I couldn't have told the difference I bet. I think if we were just going to stick with rec we'd have continued with the inexpensive aluminum bats. She did fine with those in rec.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Hmm. The guy at the big box sporting goods store said "Composite bats are lighter so it speeds up the hitter's hands and that gives more pop to every hit". If she was already fast, why would a "lighter bat" slow her down to the point that she was getting thrown out?

That guy was an idiot....as are most salesguys at big box sporting good stores.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You can usually tell from the price tag. If you are paying more than $150 for a bat it is probably composite.....

Jun 11, 2013
It won't turn your kid into an all-star, but the first time you hit with one you'll see the different. Even hitting grounds to the kids you'll notice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13