Colorado Sparkler - Anyone going?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Just curious if anyone is going to the Sparkler Jr in Loveland, CO. DD is also playing in the All Star games...would be cool if she was on same team as someone's DD on here. :)

Jun 7, 2013
Colorado
Yep, we'll be there, for our first time. I've heard lots about it, should be fun!

My DD is playing in the All Star games, mostly so that she can get out and meet some of the other girls. I think it is mainly a money-making event for TCS, but it won't break the bank and lets her have an opportunity to get out and have some extra fun. She's on the 2016 Central Grey team.

Dec 7, 2011
CO is tons of fun - at least it was for us.
Don't expect too much "exposure" though.
Our whole team noted how the regular all-stars were void of real recruiting looks.
In fact my DD obliterated the competition when she was there pitching and didn't even get an invite to the further round. Funny.(makes me think that it is extra important in this venue that ya make direct contact with the college coaches coaching the event your DD is in to get a chance of a look)

Now the Academic all-stars was a whole nutha story. The couple girls that qualified for that event held in the Aurora location got tons of hawking coaches there. It was a night n day difference.

Gonna miss the CO venue this year. But it's a blessing it's not on our travel schedule with DD recovering from her injury. (we did spend gobbs more at that tourney versus any other....)

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Yep, we'll be there, for our first time. I've heard lots about it, should be fun!

My DD is playing in the All Star games, mostly so that she can get out and meet some of the other girls. I think it is mainly a money-making event for TCS, but it won't break the bank and lets her have an opportunity to get out and have some extra fun. She's on the 2016 Central Grey team.

DD is on 2017 Central White team. And I agree...money making, but I didn't tell DD that. I told her that now is a good time to practice writing a couple of colleges (who are on the list) and asking them to come watch her play. She likes to put on a good show so it should be interesting to see how she does in a "real" spotlight. :)

Feb 24, 2012
If exposure is what you are looking for go to Boulder to the Indy tournament next year. Tons of Coaches there!!!!!!!

Jan 17, 2012
Kansas
If exposure is what you are looking for go to Boulder to the Indy tournament next year. Tons of Coaches there!!!!!!!

True. Over the last 3 years I've sometimes been the only one NOT a college coach behind the backstop at the IDT.

Getting ready to make that last trek up there.

/sniff

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2011
Colorado

I concur. The best of the best comes to the Indy tourney. DD's team wasn't playing that weekend last year so we wandered around and saw tons of high level softball and stood amongst college coaches all in their colors. Interestingly, when we went to the final there weren't very many people there. It seemed like the coaches all went to the pool games, which makes sense. Coaches were at both the higher level boulder games and the lower level Louisville games.

Most of the parks do charge admission, so keep that in mind if you are coming out. The Louisville sports complex allows dogs, but Stazio in Boulder does not and they're very strict about it. Boulder has lots of options for grabbing a quick sandwich; Louisville is more sit-down cafes but has the best ice cream around. Craft beer is the new in-thing around here, and there are lots of cool little craft brew pubs and things - for AFTER the games, of course - ha ha!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz