College Fall Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
D3 - 4 practices/wk for 4-5 weeks, alumnae scrimmage, round robin w/ 2 JUCOs this weekend then officially done as a team until Jan.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I have seen Seton Hall practicing this month but don't know what they played for games. If I see the team tomorrow I'll inquire.

Jan 3, 2011
Depends On The Day
Based on DD's schedule and as I understand it, NCAA D1 has a maximum of 8 games in the fall. Some play variations on innings, free substitutions and/or extended batting line ups but all seem to be limited to 8 games.

Weight room in early am 4 days a week and practice and/or individuals 5 days a week.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
DD college team has played 6 games so far 3 of those games were in a tournament. They have another tournament scheduled in 2 weeks, then they play another college away, and then the last game is against the Canadian National team. I don’t know how many games they may play in the next tournament, but say 3 games and that would a total of 11 games.

PEPPERS, I moved this part of your response to this thread for reference. Can you add what division for our data?

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
For Juco's, there are no limits. My DD's team played at least 20 fall games. They would finish in October. Her first regular season game was in January.

They would play anyone who wanted to play a couple of games. When DD started playing D1, she was thinking in the fall, "So, we're just going to lift weights for three months?"

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
For Juco's, there are no limits. My DD's team played at least 20 fall games. They would finish in October. Her first regular season game was in January.

They would play anyone who wanted to play a couple of games. When DD started playing D1, she was thinking in the fall, "So, we're just going to lift weights for three months?"

Sluggers, crazy question. Does the Juco, or any division fall ball count on the overall "year" record? Or does it reset in spring/2013? Thanks.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I coached at the NJCAA level twice and back then, the games did not count and were not covered in the newspaper.

UofA has a couple of community colleges on their schedule, this fall.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Thanks Amy and Dropball, it's been 20 years and this is softball, so I wasn't sure how the softball side was conducted now a days. And I wasnt sure if NJCAA had the same rules as NCAA. If my DD doesn't make her college mind up soon I'm going to go insane, she sleeps like a baby and I'm up all hours sorting though this mess!!! Ugggg :)

Amy, I have to get the scores off of the schools FB accounts. A few have been in the paper, on slow news days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32