coaches social media

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Maybe I am over thinking this too much. But, a head coach from a DII school just sent me an invitation to join his network on LinkedIn. If you are not familiar its a social media (like facebook) for business. I have an account, or at least I did at one point, not sure if its still there. I don't know the guy, I met him once at a pitching clinic 3 years ago. Is it possible he knows who my dd is and is trying to reel us in? Or is he going through camp forms from years back and inviting everyone he finds? If it was just to send out camp and clinic info it seems like it would be a bigger chore then just using email addresses and creating a database to send emails to.

At the clinic my dd didn't sparkle, she literally had not picked up a ball in 2 months. but she learned a couple of pitches that she is still using. At the last game of the HS season last year, my dds first start in the OF for varsity, she had 3 hits including a double against a girl who committed to pitch for this same university. Like I said, maybe I am over thinking this.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
What would it hurt? The schools Interested in DD, I've joined on FB. It's just "that" much easier for me to see what's going on with the school and programs, than navigating through the college's official website.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Go for it.... have him sent me one too !!! You might want to get command of your page on the site. Nice pictures ect. If its not your #1 choice of school, then it looks like you can get some practice, and build your page, contacts ect... Probably will be getting some more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck